The Toyota FT-86 will make its formal debut at the Tokyo Auto Salon later next week, but before that happens, the car has been revealed. Yes. This is it. Seriously this time. Toyota’s UK offices have released these official photos along with some initial specs. In Europe, the car will officially be called the GT-86, while in its home market Japan, it will just be called the “86”.
Here are the official specs from the UK office, there should be much more to come.
- 2.0-liter boxer with D4-S injection (direct and port injected)
- 197 hp @ 7,000 rpm and 151 lb-ft (205 Nm) @6,600 rpm
- 6-speed manual or automatic transmissions
- 17-inch wheel/tire package standard
- 4,240mm (167 in.) long, 1285mm (50.6 in.) high, 2,570mm (101 in.) wide
- 53:47 front-to-rear weight distribution
- 475mm (18.7 in.) center of gravity
The 86 goes on sale in the UK next June.
Official video release below;